Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Commissions, Editing, & DMing, Oh My!

Hey, I know this isn't my regular blogging day, but I thought I'd remind readers that I am open to writing things for commission and also DMing professionally. The post was made back in 2019, but I thought I'd post it again, update some things, and remind everyone and let new readers know. 

I've decided to put my English degree to good use and make myself available for commissions, editing/proofreading, and, mostly for fun, as a professional DM/GM (Dungeon Master/Game Master) for a few different tabletop role-playing games which I'll list below in the section about that.

Message me through Facebook if interested: https://www.facebook.com/teela.m.sullivan
Also, view some of my earlier work on DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/remyswan
Or leave me a comment here.

Commissions

First things first, commissions are specifically fanfics or short stories for personal use only. What this means is, please do not try to sell or repost what you commission as your work and don't commission me to write something for school. While I will be more than happy to edit or proofread your papers for school (see below), I will not write them for you.

Fandoms I will write in include:
  • Harry Potter
  • Plague Inc.
  • Osmosis Jones
  • Jurassic Park
There are others that I can write in, but this is a short list of fandoms that I am the most familiar with. There isn't much I won't write, though I will let you know if the request is beyond what I am capable of writing. 

I'm also willing to write original fiction not tied to any fandom. Below is a list of genres that I'm willing to write in, though this is by no means comprehensive.

Genres include:
  • Urban fantasy
  • Paranormal romance
  • Fantasy
  • Science fiction
  • Horror
  • Murder mystery
I will write any rating of the above genres, ranging from safe for kids to read to something that should only be read by adults. Just let me know what you're looking for regarding genre, ratings (ex. G, PG, PG-13, R, etc.), what topics you want as the focus, what topics are okay if they're mentioned, and what topics you absolutely do not want to read. 

Prices

The price varies based on the word count. The more words you want me to write, the more you'll be paying. That said, it will also take longer to write if it's a longer commission so be prepared to wait if you request a longer commission. 

500-1000: $10
1001-3000: $15
3001-5000: $20
5000-7000: $25
7001-9000: $30
9001-10000: $35
10000+: $40-$60*

*I will write longer works, but I will only be working on a set number (2 or 3, depending on the length of other commissions) at any given time to ensure quality of the work. Let me know when you message me the length of the work you want and, if the work is in the 10000+ category, I'll let you know if I have any open spaces available. If not, I will put you on a waiting list and let you know when I begin your commission.


Editing/Proofreading

If you've got papers to write and need to make sure they're edited, I'm more than happy to offer my services as an editor or proofreader.

Proofreading is just the basics: read it through for spelling errors, grammar mistakes, missing words, etc. Editing will involve a more in-depth process where these things will be checked for and I will also read to make sure that you get your point across and suggest potential edits for improvement.

When you request editing services, please specify if the work must follow a particular guideline such as MLA, APA, Chicago, or AP. While I am most familiar with Chicago style formatting, I also have experience with MLA and will be able to make sure that the papers are formatted correctly according to the style guidelines you specify.

Prices

Proofreading: $10/per page
Editing: $15/per page



Professional DMing

Now onto the part I'm most excited about: Professional DMing. As many who are involved in the tabletop role-playing game community are aware, taking on the role of Dungeon Master or Game Master is a big responsibility and one that requires a lot of time and planning. 

This is my favorite part of role-playing. 

I love crafting worlds and challenges for players, creating NPCs to talk to or fight, treasures to find, monsters to slay, and watching as my players surprise me with things I never saw coming. Like climbing inside a giant snake skin and stealing a demon plant and the 144 square feet of dirt around and under it. Being fair, I almost expected the plant theft, but I definitely didn't see the snake-skin-sleeping-bag coming.  

Many regular games fall by the wayside as the challenge of fitting the planning required into hectic schedules is quite daunting, especially when people just want to get together with their friends for a game. The benefit of having a professional DM means that someone else takes care of the planning and all that the players need to do is turn up on time for the game. 

Games that I'm well-versed in and can run a campaign/chronicle with include the following:

  • New World of Darkness (pre-2nd edition/God-Machine Chronicle update)*
    • Core games or ones that don't go with a particular game line such as Second Sight, Midnight Roads, Innocents
    • Changeling: the Lost
    • Hunter: the Vigil
    • Geist: the Sin-Eaters
  • Old World of Darkness 
    • Demon: the Fallen^
  • Monster of the Week
  • Dungeons & Dragons, 5th edition
*I am also familiar with Vampire: the Requiem, Werewolf: the Forsaken, Mage: the Awakening, and Promethean: the Created, but don't have as much experience with those game lines as I do the ones above. I can still involve characters from these in a game or run a game with those, however I will need more time to prepare for a game in that case.

^I am also familiar with how to adapt this game line to be compliant with New World of Darkness rules.

I will be regularly updating the list of games I can run as I'm working on learning games such as Call of Cthulhu 6th edition, 50 Fathoms (a fantasy pirate-y game from Savage Worlds), Cyberpunk 2020, GURPS, Stories from the Grave (an anthology horror game like the comic Tales from the Crypt and the like), Deadlands (a game centered in the weird west), and The Witcher, but at the moment I'm not confident enough that I could run those up to my standards or the standard that players deserve. 

As many of these games contain mature elements, I'm requesting that any players involved be 18 or older.

When you contact me about this, let me know what you're looking for in a game as well as the game you're interested in. If you're looking for a long chronicle or a short arc, if you'd prefer more mystery investigating or outright combat, if there's any themes that you/your players are interested in or do not want involved are all things that need to be discussed prior to the first session as that will help me know what to build. After all, this is supposed to be a fun experience for all players. 

At the moment, Discord voice chat works for me for role-playing, though I am willing to just use Discord and type if that is preferred by players and I am also open to other suggestions if the players have a preferred way of communicating. When messaging me about organizing a game, be sure to include the preferred way of communicating or other suggestions for getting the gaming group together. If players are local, in-person meetings could occur. 

Prices

For the first session, the price will be $15 per person as that session might include character building and an introduction to the setting. 

Every session after will be $20 per person, but will run 2-4 hours long to ensure that all players get the most out of the session. 

I understand that some people are a bit shy about playing in a group and many that are new to role-playing games might feel more comfortable one-on-one while they learn the ropes of the game before joining a larger party. Because of this, I am willing to run a one-on-one role-play if asked, in which case the price per session will be negotiable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment