Thursday, September 28, 2023

New Series

 Awhile back, I mentioned that I'd had an idea that wouldn't leave me alone and I'd focused on the characters, plots, arcs, and titles for the novels in the series. I described it as Criminal Minds meets Suicide Squad with supernatural elements thrown in. I'd said that I hadn't yet started writing as I was planning things out.

Well, I finished the planning and started the writing. I'm working on the first book in the series. I've also got a five book spin-off series planned showing how the killers joined the team as well as how the team leader actually ended up in the position he's in. What I don't have at this point is a title of the series in general. But I have titles for the novels, so that's something, especially considering I usually suck at titles.

Yes, some of my titles are incredibly punny. It fits with the tone of the series and with my personality so yeah, they work. Other titles have multiple meanings and for one of them, I actually had to use Google for the title and found that the changing of a single letter changes the entire meaning of the word. I'm not spoiling anything here, but Google "parlay" vs "parley" to find out the difference.

I'm not going to share too much here about the series or anything, but I have started writing the first book. For an idea what the first book is about, you could read the Missing 411 series by David Paulides, or listen to some of the stories from the books on YouTube. That's not exactly what my book is about, but those will give a great feel for the killer and what the victims go through. 

Anyway, I'm working on the first book of the series and still working on The Agency anthology (it's 193 pages, and a whopping 92,981 words so far). There are other ideas that occasionally want my attention, but these are the ones that I am going to focus on. 

These are the ones I am going to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment