Thursday, July 6, 2023

Moving In, A New Idea, & A Book Review

 Hey, it's been awhile. 

So, for an update: We've gotten moved into the new place. We're still moving stuff in slowly because of how much stuff we've accumulated over the years, medical issues, life, and trying to make sure we actually get things unpacked this time around. Last time we moved, we didn't do that and our house remained cluttered, chaotic, and an overall disaster. 

Needless to say, we've been busy.

We're still working on getting the yard fenced in for the dogs, getting a walkway from the driveway to the front porch, and just generally doing some home improvements to make this place the perfect forever home. The fence is the next big project, though.

I've not been doing much writing, though I have been revisiting some old projects and worldbuilding some of the ones I've mentioned here. I've also been worldbuilding a project that is a bit different than my usual genres of fantasy, supernatural, horror, and science figure: dystopia.

The dystopia idea was inspired by a dream that actually made me wake up several hours before my normal time so that I could write down as many details of it as I could remember because it was that interesting to me. So, from that point on, I've been working on it on and off, not writing yet and not making any real plans with it. I'm still worldbuilding, though I did get a map done for it. I won't be sharing any information about it here yet since there's still not really enough details or information to warrant that.

My love of Alternate History has led me to branch out in terms of what I normally read, which has led me to pick up The Traitor Beside Her, a historical fiction novel set in WWII by Mary Anna Evans. The Traitor Beside Her is engaging and immediately draws you into the world of the United States during World War II and explores cryptoanalysis, the role women code breakers played in the war, and how important the knowledge of different languages (not just German, but also Choctaw) was and still is. 

Aside from getting settled in and reading, I've not been doing much because moving is exhausting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment